ABU DHABI’S STAR-STUDDED NYE CELEBRATION SET TO RING IN AN EXTRAORDINARY 2019
apping off a year of record-breaking growth, including an average 25% YOY increase of visitors from the US market, Abu Dhabi will usher in the new year with an incredible display of fireworks, star-studded musical events and a host of inspiring experiences. With a reputation of legendary hospitality and rich culture, the vibrant Emirate will ring in the new year in style, cementing its status as a world-class destination for leisure and business travel.
AN EXTRAORDINARY NEW YEAR’S EVE IN ABU DHABI
Abu Dhabi invites guests to begin anew in 2019 during one of the most lavish New Year’s Eve celebrations in the world, featuring exhilarating cultural experiences, glitz and glamour. Rivaling the best in the world, midnight fireworks displays are set to sparkle in multiple locations throughout Abu Dhabi, including an elaborate 10-minute experience over the famed Corniche waterfront. The dazzling evening will also feature a star-studded affair on Yas Island, where a soon-to-be-announced superstar will headline a concert for the ages, with past years including Katy Perry and Coldplay. Complementing these events, many of Abu Dhabi’s most iconic hotels, from Emirates Palace to The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, are offering lavish culinary experiences and entertainment.
NEW FOR ABU DHABI IN 2019
The highly anticipated New Year’s Eve celebration will serve as the kick off for another impressive year for the destination, as it’s set to debut new luxury hotels to join its ever-expanding roster of iconic buildings that populate the Emirate’s skyline – from the majestic and opulent Emirates Palace to Louvre Abu Dhabi. Upcoming additions to the Abu Dhabi experience include:
- EDITION – Abu Dhabi, debuting this month, the hotel features 198 rooms and suites; three signature restaurants crafted in partnership with a celebrity chef; an EDITION spa; and a three-storey stand-alone nightlife venue.
- Royal M hotel, located within the fashionable Al Bateen Marina, is a sophisticated waterfront retreat, offering the ultimate in comfort and luxury for both business and leisure travelers alike. The hotel is perfectly placed in the heart of Abu Dhabi, providing easy access to the Corniche Beach and just moments from an array of world-class shopping.
- Rixos Saadityat, part of the award-winning Turkish-grown hospitality brand Rixos Hotels, will debut the first all-inclusive, all-exclusive resort in Abu Dhabi this month. Situated on the pristine white sands of Saadiyat Island, the property invites guests to experience pure luxury in an opulent setting inspired by the palaces of the Ottoman Empire, with dazzling interiors reflecting gem stone shades of green, blue and turquoise throughout.
- Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort will bring an aura of understated luxury to the shores of Abu Dhabi when it debuts in November 2019. The 293-room contemporary beachfront resort occupies a stunning location on Saadiyat Island, where world class art and culture seamlessly co-habit with mangroves, dolphins and turtles.
- Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, an indoor theme park featuring six immersive lands including DC’s Metropolis and Gotham City, as well as Cartoon Junction, Bedrock, Dynamite Gulch and Warner Bros. Plaza.
The new hotels and experiences will enhance the Emirate’s entertainment and shopping options, its immersive cultural opportunities and culinary experiences and its expansive calendar of annual festivals.
Now easier to reach than ever thanks to Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates. Etihad offers non-stop services to Abu Dhabi from New York (JFK), Chicago (ORD), Washington D.C (IAD) and Los Angeles (LAX). This hub of culture, adventure, heritage and legendary hospitality may well be the ‘oasis’ that travelers are seeking to ring in the new year. For more information, please visit: etihad.com
The New Year’s Eve Celebration details were announced this week by the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi at an event in New York City, attended by top US media outlets, which was sponsored by key stakeholders, including Etihad Airways, Jumeriah Hotels & Resorts, Emirates Palace, Experience Hub, and Seawings Seaplane Tours.