Why Expo 2020 Dubai?
Expo 2020 Dubai is the first World Expo to be held in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region. Between 20 October, 2020 and 10 April, 2021, Expo 2020 will bring together more than 200 participants, including 190 countries, with an expected 25 millions visits. It will be the most visited destination in the Arab world for its six-month duration.
The Expo site, in Dubai South, will include a technology-led and world-class media centre from where a wide range of services and facilities for all types of media organisations will be provided. From content and interview opportunities to a host broadcaster-produced world feed of moving image, live updates and photography, the Expo Media Centre will cater for all media organisations’ requirements.
Media organisations from across the Middle East and North Africa who will be covering events at Expo 2020 Dubai are invited to apply for media accreditation.
To handle the high volume of applications anticipated, each media organisation is required to appoint a dedicated Accreditation Liaison Officer, who will act as a single point of contact for Expo 2020. The Accreditation Liaison Officer will fill in the Media Accreditation Expression of Interest form with contact and organisation details and an estimated number of accreditations required, and submit it to https://www.expo2020dubai.com/media-centre/expression-of-interest.
Deadline for submission of the Media Accreditation Expression of Interest form is 1700 (UAE standard time), 30 June, 2019.
Note to editors
Without valid accreditation, media will be unable to access media facilities and services within the Expo 2020 site. Every organisation will go through a strict approvals process ensuring applicants are from genuine news gathering organisations.
Accreditation Liaison Officers will be advised on the outcome of applications and next steps by 30 September, 2019, and will be required to coordinate applications for accreditation on behalf of their organisation.
To change contact details during the accreditation process or for any enquiries about the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Media should also save this email address in their contacts list in order to receive operational media-related updates and key date reminders.
Expo 2020 Dubai will also later launch a dedicated online Media Information System called Tawassul – the gateway to press releases, news stories, official photography and content, as well as important operational information. From May 2019, media will be able to register for access to Tawassul to assist in planning their journey and coverage of Expo 2020.
About Expo 2020 Dubai
Expo 2020 Dubai is guided by the belief that innovation and progress are the result of people and ideas combining in new ways. For six months from 20 October, 2020, Expo will bring together 190 countries and millions of people to celebrate human ingenuity: ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’.
- During the six months from 20 October, 2020 to 10 April, 2021, we expect to welcome 25 million visits
- About 70 per cent of all visitors are anticipated to come from outside the UAE – the largest proportion of international visitors in Expo history
- We aim to create and deliver an inclusive and global Expo with more than 200 participants, including nations, multilateral organisations, businesses and educational institutions
- Expo 2020 also has an ambitious volunteer programme, which aims to include more than 30,000 volunteers from a wide range of ages, nationalities, cultures and backgrounds
- The Expo site covers a total of 4.38 sqkm, including a 2 sqkm gated area. It is located adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South
- Expo 2020 Dubai is the first World Expo to take place in the MEASA (Middle East, Africa and South Asia) region
Follow: Twitter: @expo2020dubai | Facebook: @Expo2020Dubai | Instagram: expo2020dubai
For queries regarding Media Accreditation Expressions of Interest, please contact:
Expo 2020 Dubai Media Services: email@example.com
Expo 2020 Dubai Media Accreditation Expression of Interest form: https://www.expo2020dubai.com/media-centre/expression-of-interest