Anti-bacterial hand sanitiser – home-made
Can’t wash your hands? When on a tube, train, plane or at the supermarket it’s often difficult to wash your hands, so a hand-sanitiser is a must. Sold out? Don’t worry you can make your own. But, obviously where possible always wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soap and water and dry with a clean hand towel or paper towel. Soap and water is the best way to remove any potential Coronavirus from your hands before it can lead to infection.
How to make anti-bacterial hand sanitiser with Sanatio Naturalis 100% Pure and Natural Therapeutic quality Tea Tree & Eucalyptus Oils:
- 2/3 cup MedicinalIsopropyl alcohol/surgical spirit /Ethyl alcohol/(in the USA Rubbing alcohol) – 91% alcohol*
- 1/3 cup Aloe Vera gel or glycerine to moisturise the skin
- 10-15 drops Tea Tree oil
- 10-15 drops Eucalyptus oil
- Mix together in a bowl or jug, pour into sealed containers, spray bottles or disinfected jars
- Use liberally when out and about everything you touch has germs on it
- Hand sanitiser doesn’t kill all viruses, but it is effective against the Coronavirus. The virus is protected by a shell, called an “envelope glycoprotein,” which the alcohol scrambles. “When you take away the protective part of the virus, it dies pretty quickly,” says Dr Agus CNN.**
Note to Editor: Steam distilled Sanatio Naturalis Tea Tree Melaleuca Alternifolia is antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal, cleansing and purifying. Eucalyptus oil is antibacterial, antiseptic, purifying and cleansing, a powerful antimicrobial. These oils are ideal for helping to prevent the spread of bacterial and viral infections, as well as for general cleaning. Tea Tree Pure Essential Oil SSP £16.00 for 10 ml and Eucalyptus £15.
N.B. Make certain your hand made sanitiser has enough alcohol in it 60% – 70%+ of the total mixture. Says “Dr Stephen Morse, a professor of epidemiology at Columbia University in New York”.
*Buy rubbing alcohol, in pharmacies, supermarkets, and Boots. Use caution when working with isopropyl alcohol, since it is flammable and can have some negative health effects.
** Source:Dr. Agus CBS News 5/3/20: www.cbsnews.com/news/hand-sanitizer-coronavirus-make-your-own
Sanatio Naturalis oils are 100% pure:
- Therapeutic-quality aromatherapy essential oils (10ml) – Lavender (SSP £22), Lemon (SSP £15), Sweet Orange (SSP £15), Peppermint (SSP £15), Cypress (SSP £16), Ylang Ylang (SSP £18), Rosemary (SSP £16), Frankincense (SSP £26), Geranium (SSP £20) or Ginger (SSP £18)
- Facial oils (30ml) – Precious Oil Treatment SSP £60.00, Miracle Jojoba Radiance Essence £24.00
Purchase Sanatio Naturalis products directly from www.sanationaturalis.com