Global Tech Community Recognizes Huawei’s Continued Research and Development Gains
Huawei announced that its innovative products and solutions have won eight awards, including five grand awards, at the iconic ‘Best of Show Awards’ held during Interop Tokyo 2020, the largest and most prestigious ICT exhibition in Japan and overall ICT industry.
Each year, hundreds of solutions are reviewed by the panel of judges made up of authoritative industry experts and university professors, after which they select the most innovative products and solutions that have the most cutting-edge technologies and highest commercial value.
The awards received at Interop Tokyo in 2020, and in the years preceding it, show the industry’s recognition of Huawei’s emphasis on innovation and quality, and is a reflection of its long-term strategic investment in R&D to provide customers with competitive, innovative, unique ICT products and solutions through core technological innovation.
The conference showcased the most advanced technological innovation and practices in the industry, and gathered together leading solutions in multiple fields, including AI, IoT, edge computing, and the industrial Internet.
Demonstrating its “open, collaborative, and mutually beneficial” cooperation with partners, Huawei also showcased a brand new digital intelligent ecosystem and its relevant application cases, including 14 products and solutions at Interop Tokyo 2020. These cutting-edge offerings ably illustrated Huawei’s capabilities to comprehensively promote rapid digital and intelligent development in the ICT field. With continuous investment in new ICT technologies and ecosystems, and with the ongoing accumulation of global service experience, Huawei is gaining trust from an increasing number of industry-leading enterprises. To date, over 700 cities and 228 Fortune Global 500 companies — including 58 in the top 100 — have chosen Huawei as their digital transformation partner.
Huawei received the following awards at Interop Tokyo 2020:
- Grand Prize in Network Infrastructure: OptiXtrans OSN 9800 M12, the industry’s first super C-band transmission product.
- Grand Prize in Cloud Infrastructure: CloudEngine 16800 data center switch, the industry’s highest-density 400 GE line card for data centers in the AI era.
- Grand Prize in Server and Storage: Huawei’s next-generation all-flash storage OceanStor Dorado 8000/18000 V6, oriented to core production and transaction scenarios, and continuously setting performance, reliability, and intelligence benchmarks.
- Grand Prize in IoT: Huawei edge computing gateway AR502H.
- Grand Prize in Facility: The eMIMO edge computing facility solution.
- In the AI category, the industry-leading Atlas 900 AI cluster is the only award-winning product.
- Special Prize in Enterprise IT: Huawei 5G AR NetEngine AR6000.
- Special Prize in Network Infrastructure: Huawei OptiXtrans DC908, an intelligent Data Center Interconnect (DCI) product with a single-fiber capacity of 88 Tbit/s and AI-enabled O&M.