Horizon International School celebrates top A Level results
Horizon International School, part of Al Najah Education, is celebrating impressive 2020 AS and A Level results.
As a thriving and developing Post 16 provider, the school has grown in popularity and success as a result of its personalised pathways, which cater for, and support the specific needs and interests of its students.
The 2020 Post 16 results reflect another year of exceptional performance by Horizon International School’s students in both attainment and progress. Out of the entries for this year, 29% of exam entries were awarded A*-A, and 75% of entries achieved A*-C grades. Horizon International School enjoyed an overall pass rate (A*-E) of 100%.
“It has been a year like no other in education with the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak in one of the most crucial times for examination classes. I am so proud of the students, staff and parents at Horizon International School who celebrate the impressive outcomes today. They are testament to the commitment, dedication, support and teamwork during the most challenging and trying of times. Our students and staff have shown unquestionable resilience and determination to succeed and for that, we must congratulate them for being excellent role models from whom we can all learn about success in adversity.” says Darren Gale, Principal at Horizon International School.
Horizon International School has highlighted some of its top student results and achievements for the 2020 AS and A Levels:
- Aleezay Atif achieved A Level results of A, A, B in Business, Media and Economics, respectively.
- Year 12 students Talia Aldarrai, Aia Amir El Khag and Ahmed Elgaradiny all achieved A, A, A in their AS subjects.
- The first Science AS Levels achieved a 100% pass rate with 67% B+ in Chemistry and 50% B+ in Biology and Physics.
- 75% of Art AS students achieved B+, with 50% attaining the highest grade of an A.
University now beckons for some of Horizon International School’s Post 16 students:
- Aleezay Atif’s results have earned her a place at her first-choice university, where she will read Business Administration and Marketing.
- Yasmeen Makki is progressing onto American University Dubai (AUD), to study Media and Advertising.
- Similarly, Yousef Makki is enrolling at the Higher College of Technology to study a Bachelor’s degree in Business Quality Management.