Maritime and transport leaders to headline Saudi Maritime Congress 2020 in Dammam
Seatrade Maritime, organisers of Saudi Maritime Congress 2020, are delighted to announce that H.E. Eng. Saleh bin Nasser Al-Jasser, Minister of Transport, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, will be delivering the keynote ministerial opening address on Day One (22 March) of the Congress, followed by the keynote address from Lawrence Barchue, Assistant Secretary-General and Director, Department for Member State Audit and Implementation Support, International Maritime Organization (IMO).
H.E. Eng. Saad bin Abdulaziz Al-Khalb, President, Saudi Ports Authority (MAWANI), Esben Poulsson, Chairman, International Chamber of Shipping, and Eng. Abdullah bin Ali Aldubaikhi, Chief Executive Officer of Bahri, will be joining the keynote session panel to share insights and address key issues such as progress update of goals achieved under the Saudi Vision 2030 and opportunities for the domestic and international maritime and logistics companies in the Kingdom.
Saudi Maritime Congress 2020, the pioneering maritime and logistics event held in partnership with Founding Strategic Partners Saudi Ports Authority (MAWANI) and Bahri, is set to welcome some of the leading international and local officials in the transport and logistics sector who will discuss international market trends in the oil and gas sector.
Day One agenda will also feature panel discussions on trade relationships and the development of the Kingdom’s logistics infrastructure. Day Two (23 March) will provide attendees with the opportunity to join the leading industry experts addressing various topics of importance, including outlook for oil and gas transportation; environmental concerns and alternative solutions for the maritime industry; the Kingdom’s workforce and nationalization plans; data and analytics; risk management; and insurance.
Additional confirmed speakers include:
- Hisham Al Ansari, Chief Executive Officer, MSC Saudi Arabia
- Taher Al Dabbagh, Senior Vice President – Corporate Services, International Maritime Industries (IMI)
- Yaman Al Hawamdeh, Partner, HFW
- Rashid Al Hosani, Commercial Director – Maqta Gateway, Abu Dhabi Ports
- Capt. Maktoum Al Houqani, Chief Corporate Authority Officer, Abu Dhabi Ports
- Omar Alkhuwaiter, Director of Insurance & Claims, Bahri
- Nabil Ben Soussia, Vice President – Maritime, IEC Telecom Group
- Ian Edwards, Area Manager – Middle East & Africa, DNV GL
- Tony Field, Vice President – Middle East & Africa, M&O, Lloyd’s Register
- Peter Fitzpatrick, Vice President – Global Business Development, ABS
- Eric Griffin, Vice President – Offshore Energy, Inmarsat Maritime
- Enam Hussain, Head of Claims (Eastern Team), West of England P&I Club
- Richard Morgan, Regional Managing Director – West and Central Asia, A.P. Møller – Maersk
- Jay New, Chief Executive Officer – International Ports Services, Hutchison Ports Dammam
- Pål Nikolaysen, Vice President – Asia, Middle East and Africa, ABB Marine & Ports Service
- Hisham Nughaimish, Vice President Commercial & Operations, Bahri
- Mark O’Neil, President, Columbia Shipmanagement
- Omar N. Omar, Partner, Head of Transport and Logistics – UAE, Al Tamimi & Co.
- Eng. Abdulaziz Sabri, President, Bahri Ship Management
- Peter Sand, Chief Shipping Analyst, BIMCO
Chris Hayman, Chairman of Seatrade, commented: “Saudi Maritime Congress 2020 is intended to update the local and international maritime community with the leading developments and the hottest topics of concern within the Saudi maritime and logistics sector as the country continues to move ahead with the implementation of its goals under Saudi Vision 2030. We are proud to host high-profile local and international speakers who can shed light on the major questions facing the industry.”
The two-day event expects to connect over 2,000 attendees this year and comprises both a conference and exhibition, which are free to attend for all visitors.
The full agenda and information about the registration and sponsorship can be found on the event website at www.saudimaritimecongress.com