NICKELODEON’S KIDS’ CHOICE AWARDS ABU DHABI 2019 LIGHTS UP THE ABU DHABI NATIONAL EXHIBITION CENTRE
Nickelodeon and the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi delivered on their commitment to bring the leading kids’ brand’s slimiest, wildest show to the city to the delight of fans across the Middle East. Last night, the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards Abu Dhabi 2019 lit up the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre. The night featured stunning performances and stunts, including a mash-up of hits by global superstar and event host, Jason Derulo, including his latest hit, Mamacita, the sliming of co-host Haifa Beseisso, and performances by Conor Maynard, Maritta and al-Waleed Hallani, Nora Fatehi and Fnaire, Dyler and Egyptian star Mohamed Hamaki. Kids’ favorite artists and talent were crowned across 16 entertainment categories.
The Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards Abu Dhabi 2019 featured seven musical performances from global and regional stars:
- Jason Derulo, the global superstar with 17 multi-platinum singles to his name, kicked off the night with a high-energy mashup of some of his greatest hits including Mamacita, Colors, Swalla, and Want To Want Me.
- Marittawas introduced by Jason and gave a moving performance of her hit Ana.
- Dancer, model and singer Nora Fatehiwas joined by Moroccan band Fnaire for a stunning Arabic performance of her song Dilbar.
- Saudi Arabian singer and social media sensation Dyler arrived in a bright red sports car and then walked through the crowd singing his hit Samoly.
- Lebanese star al-Waleed Hallani followed with a rendition of his hit song Aam Yessalo, and was promptly slimed to the delight of the audience.
- British singer, songwriter and YouTuber ConorMaynard performed in a medley of his hits Turn Around, Waste Your Time, Hate How Much I Love You.
- Platinum Egyptian artist and Arabian superstar Mohamed Hamaki closed the nightdelighted fans with Ya Sattar.
FULL LIST OF NICKELODEON KIDS’ CHOICE AWARDS ABU DHABI 2019 WINNERS:
Leading up to the show, kids across the Middle East voted for their favourite artists on Nickelodeon’s website https://kca.nickelodeonarabia.com/, on Instagram using the hashtag of their favourite nominee and via the Nickelodeon Play app. More than 15 million votes were cast over the summer to choose the winners across a range of music, film and entertainment categories. The winners in the 16 award categories were:
RAJAA & OMAR BELMIR
DAFFY & FLIPPERACHI
FAVORITE MALE ARTIST
ESSA AL MARZOUG
FAVORITE FEMALE NEWCOMER
FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST
HALA AL TURK
MOATASEM EL NAHAR
ASAAD AL ZAHRANI
FAVORITE MALE NEWCOMER
MOHAMED EL SHARNOUBY
AL WALID HALLANI
CYRINE ABDEL NOUR
DONIA SAMIR GHANEM
FAVORITE TV PERSONALITY
RAYA ABI RACHID
QUSAI (DON LEGEND)
TAIM AL FALASI
MINA AL SHEIKHLY
AHMED AL NASHEET
TOM AND JERRY
FAVORITE RADIO STATION
FAVORITE SPORTS STAR
RASHID AL DHAHERI
FAVORITE MUSIC VIDEO
NASSIF ZEYTOUN – KEL YOM BHEBIK
MAYA DIAB, MASSARI & FRENCH MONTANA – YA NOUR EL EIN
ADHAM NABULSI – HOWEH EL HOB
NORA FATEHI AND FNAIRE – DILBAR
FAVORITE INTERNATIONAL STAR
The Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards Abu Dhabi 2019 was recorded on September 20th at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre and will air exclusively on Nickelodeon on OSN in KSA, UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Egypt, Jordan, Bahrain on September 24th at 17:00 UAE/16:00 KSA. The show will also be aired on Nickelodeon channels internationally in the USA, UK, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, India, China, Philippines and Pakistan.
ABU DHABI FAMILY WEEK
The Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards Abu Dhabi 2019 was part of Abu Dhabi Family Week, a 10-day programme of fun-packed, educational events dedicated to children’s and family entertainment organised by DCT Abu Dhabi. Additional activities included the brand new The World of Nickelodeon, a three-day Nickelodeon activation taking place from 19th to 21st of September at ADNEC