Surf’s up as jones the grocer celebrates australia day
an Aussie burger and dessert menu available at jones the grocer in celebration of Australia Day
In celebration of Australia Day 2021 (26th January), Jones the Grocer will be paying homage to Australia, where the much-loved brand opened its first store in Sydney 25-years ago – with the launch of an Aussie-inspired tasting menu and a selection of newly available sweet and savoury treats, offered in-stores and online from the 22nd January – 9th February.
As part of the Australia Day offering, Jones the Grocer will be showcasing the authentic taste of the state of Victoria. Considered Australia’s food basket and the world’s leading premium food supplier, a wide range of premium Victorian products will be on available to purchase including extra virgin olive oil, sauces, bbq rubs, broth stock paste, garlic aioli, almond milk, speciality cheese from the Yarra Valley and Pana Ice cream.
Surf’s Up! Grab a brilliant Aussie burger before you head to the beach!
Get ready to sink your teeth into the ultimate Aussie experience with a selection of gourmet burgers bursting with global flavours including the True blue Aussie burger, a premium Australian Wagyu beef burger topped with sweet roasted beetroot and grilled pineapple, a fried egg, oozing with cheddar and lashing of crispy beef bacon; the Barbie beef burger, made with tender pulled Australian beef brisket and topped with sweet BBQ sauce, spiced battered onion rings, cucumber, grilled pineapple and citrus dressed slaw; the Woollahra and beyond, a meaty vegan cheeseburger with an array of gourmet flavours including tart balsamic onion balanced by caramelised slow roasted portobello mushrooms; the Out crabin’, a crunchy tempura battered soft shell crab burger, adorned with sweet and tangy toppings including mango, shallots, coriander, pomegranate salsa and lime mayo, dusted in smoked paprika; and lastly the zesty Chook – o – dile Dundee, a lemon pepper crumbed chicken burger topped with spiced labneh, Boston lettuce and pickled slaw.
Surf’s Up! Let’s fire up the barbie
Known for its incredible sunshine, beaches and outdoor life, naturally Australia has become an epicentre for good vibes, rich culture and great food. Using Dubai’s spectacular winter weather as the perfect excuse to get outdoors and barbeque, Jones the Grocer encourages everyone to celebrate Australia Day by firing up their barbecue, or barbie as its popularly known. With an assortment of flavour-packed barbeque rubs, marinades and sauces that take the traditional surf and turf combo to new heights, Jones the Grocer has everything you need to light up your day with a good ole’ barbie.
Gifting fantastic Aussie produce
Pick up a special edition Australia Day hamper (available in-store and online), which makes the perfect gift for family and friends. The Taste of Australia Hamper (AED 689) includes an assortment of irresistible snacks and gourmet gifts such as small batch Aussie granola, gluten free crispbread, fine meats, olives, nuts and a variety of Aussie sauces and dressings that feature incredible produce.
For something lighter, the Australian Little Delight Hamper (AED 479) is perfect for grillin’, snackin’ and everything in between. Featuring Jones’s extra virgin Aussie olive oil, seasoning rub, small batch Melbourne pita crisps, smoky vegetable salsa, traditional fruit mince mix, and fragrant preserved lemons, this little hamper is sure to pack a kangaroo punch.
Must-have Aussie pantry essentials
Jones the Grocer’s gourmet grocery stocks over a hundred handmade, small batch and all-natural pantry essentials. Take home an assortment of Aussie staples, such as Yarra Valley Dairy’s fantastic fresh Persian herbed fetta or its chilli infused ‘Firey’ fetta. Feel like baking at home? Then get baking with Australian 2020 Masterchef winner Emelia Jackson’s super little range of chocolate, almond and pistachio financiers mixes. If you’re mad about Melbourne, then look no further than award-winning meringues and savoury biscuits by Melbourne’s Asterisk Kitchen or Jones the Grocer’s very own salad dressings, whole grain mustards, mayonnaise & sauces.
A beach celebration can never be complete without the wow taste of Australia’s Panna Organic Dairy Free and Gluten Free ice cream or Jones the Grocer’s very own organic real fruit sodas and cola.
Whether its in your kitchen, out on the beach having a picnic, lighting up the barbie or grabbing a burger at one of their stores the surf’s up at Jones the Grocer.
The Surf’s Up Australia Day Menu
100% Brilliant Aussie Burgers
- True blue Aussie burger – Australian Wagyu beef burger, roasted beetroot, grilled pineapple, fried egg, cheddar, mixed leaves, beef bacon, fennel and sumac skin-on fries with bois boudran sauce –AED 79
- Woollarha and beyond – vegan cheeseburger, balsamic onion, roasted portobello, onion rings, Boston lettuce, spiced sweet potato wedges with home-made tomato sauce – AED 79
- Out crabin’ – tempura battered soft shell crab, mango, shallots, coriander, pomegranate salsa, lime mayo, smoked paprika dusted sweet potato fries, sriracha mayo, soft brioche buns –AED 82
- Barbie beef burger – pulled Australian beef brisket with BBQ sauce, jones spiced battered onion rings, cucumber, grilled pineapple, citrus dressed cabbage and carrot slaw, cheese loaded fries, brioche bun – AED 76
- Chook – o – dile Dundee – lemon pepper crumbed chicken burger, spiced labneh, Boston lettuce, pickled slaw, nori dusted fries, bois boudran sauce – AED 69
The Aussie bakery
- Luv the old pav – meringue with lemon curd, mango, kiwi, strawberry and blueberries – AED 27
- Slice, slice baby – flaky puff pastry, vanilla custard, passionfruit icing with jones vanilla ice cream and passionfruit sauce – AED 39
- Lady lamington – strawberry and raspberry jam, vanilla cream and cherries – AED 28