Haitoura Roum Hike with Vamos Todos
Saturday, Sep 18, 2021
7:00am – 5:00pm
We will take you to a wonderful trail fully prepared and coordinated by Vamos Todos. We are heading to Jezzine, specifically to the Haitoura village where we will start our hike to reach the village of Roum.
On our way, we will visit a boutique winery as well as many interesting sites such as old houses, 2000 years old olive trees and ancient grape presses craved in the rocks.
We will all start together on a tour in Haitoura village heading to a beautiful pine forest reaching Kharkhrayya, a small abandoned old village that and an extension to Maknounieh village. We will then all head to Karam Winery for a quick visit.
Then we will separate into two levels:
Level 3 will continue to St Peter monastery, and then take the bus on a small tour in Maknounieh. We will visit the landmarks of the village and have a small stop at its municipality. After that, we will go by bus to a local cooperative to buy some homemade local products. The bus will then take us to Roum, where we will meet the high level.
Level 6+ will continue hiking towards Roum, along a very steep uphill leading us to the village to meet with the other group.
We will all then go visit the Prophet Jacob’s Mausoleum and have a tour in the old village before heading back to Beirut.
South-Caza of Jezzine
1085m. above sea level
70km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, September 18
MEETING PLACE: 7:00 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on: https://www.vamos-todos.com/Pages/ParkingMap.aspx)
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 240’000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
– Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
– Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
– University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
– Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
– Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
– Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
– Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
– Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
– Always follow the guide on the designated trail
– Do not go off road without notifying the guide
– Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
– Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
– Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
– “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
– “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.