Qabb Elias Hike & Wine Tasting with Vamos Todos
Saturday, May 21, 2022
7:00am – 4:00pm
Qabb Elias Hike & Wine Tasting with Vamos Todos
Qabb Elias is a town in the Bekaa valley rich in historical sites and it is 15 kilometers away from Zahle.
An exquisite wine tasting in Chateau Heritage will complement our hike today. The owners of the winery and loyal friends of Vamos Todos will make us a tour and give us all the needed info. They will first share with us some new trails in the village in which they live all year long, Qabb-Elias.
It is important to note here that Mr. Dargham is the ex-president of Qabb Elias. He has a great passion for his village and he still is taking part in the municipality. As to the cognac tasting, it will occur directly from the cave. Your taste buds will go crazy after tasting high quality products right from the winery. We will then have a mouthwatering traditional lunch prepared by the workers of the winery with love.
The hike will be one easy level. Yet, if you wish to skip the hike, you can go directly join the group to “La Maison de Chouchane” a Bed & Breakfast stay-in located inside the Domaine which is a beautiful historical site in which you can enjoy nature serenity and beauty.
The term Chouchane is an old term that refers to the Irises and Lilies that grow on the Domaine. We’ll be able to enjoy large gardens and enjoy the shades of old trees that have been there for more than 400 years. This green foliage is irrigated by the waters of Qabb Elias which pass by the gardens of the Domaine.
During our hike (8km) you will visit the most famous is the Nabatean Tomb, a façade high up on the cliff. It is also known as Haydara or the Temple of the Sun.
Another important historical landmark is the ruined wall, originally a Roman guard-tower that was rebuilt in Crusader times, taken over by the Emir of Baskinta back in those days, and then destroyed by the Sultan of the Bekaa. Around 1625, Emir Fakhir El Dine made it into a Druze palace until it was ruined by Darwiche Pacha of Damas in 1822.
Arak Touma is located right next to the Domaine, thus, visitors are always welcome to come and taste the Lebanese Bekaa arak in a remarkably fascinating atmosphere.
WHERE: Qabb Elias
The Bekaa Valley
70 km from Beirut
950 m above sea level.
WHEN: Saturday, May 21
MEETING PLACE: 7:00 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on: https://www.vamos-todos.com/Pages/ParkingMap.aspx)
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 600,000 LL per person including transport, guides, wine tasting, insurance and lunch.
380,000 LL without lunch (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
You can now register at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
– Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
– Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
– University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
– Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 20’000 LBP discount
– Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
– Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
– Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 20’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
– Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
– Always follow the guide on the designated trail
– Do not go off road without notifying the guide
– Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
– Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
– Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
– “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
– “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.